Tēnā koutou katoa. Ngā mihi mahana ki te kura o Paihia. Ki ngā whānau hou, nau mai, haere mai. Ki ngā whānau e noho tōnu mai, tēnā koutou, tēnā koutou, tēnā koutou katoa. Ngā mihi nui tēnei ki a koutou katoa. Welcome to Paihia School. Warm greetings to everyone – new families, continuing families, and friends.
I am proud to be part of Paihia School within the wonderful Bay of Islands community. I have been here for five years now - times does fly when you are having fun!
Paihia School strives to provide a safe, happy environment that fosters individual self-esteem and encourages all of our children to reach their full potential. We welcome parents’ involvement in school programmes and teachers are happy to discuss children's progress with parents/caregivers whenever the need arises. We are committed to a partnership between home and school. I am living the dream when parents are in our school.
We offer a well-balanced programme and are committed to providing as many learning opportunities to engage and inspire our students including the arts, science, academic, sporting, cultural, leadership, education outside the classroom, problem solving, and community endeavours.
Our strategic goals this year are to:
- Create an inclusive learning environment with an expectation of high student achievement and progress sustained in reading, writing and maths for all students measured against national expectations.
- Provide an environment to equip our students for their future.
- Develop a strong sense of friendly, family culture so parents and whānau are actively involved in a partnership between home and school to support student learning.
- Provide culturally responsive learning environment so our Māori students succeed as Māori, as well as recognising all cultures within our school.
- Develop a sense of our responsibility within our community and to participate actively to be kaitiaki of our local environment.
- Build relationships and positively manage behaviour so all students feel safe and happy
One of my favourite whakatauki is ‘He waka eke noa. We are all in this waka together so we can all succeed.’ I am looking forward to another action-packed, fun and successful year together.